Project Planning and Control Skills & Knowledge
Understand the principles of project planning, scheduling and resourcing and learn how to plan and control your projects.
Next course starts:29 Oct 21
See all dates below
Before using any project management software, whether it is Microsoft Project or other options, it is vital to understand the principles of project planning, scheduling and resourcing. Project Planning and Control is an interactive workshop that will show you how to plan, monitor, report and control time and resources throughout the project life cycle.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Understand the planning and control process cycle within the overall project management life cycle
- Understand the principles of project planning and control
- Draw logic network diagrams using precedence notion
- Draw bar charts and other graphs
- Analyse networks to find dependencies, dates, critical path, float etc.
- Assess the effect of varying resource demands and availabilities on activities
- Appreciate the need for a baseline, progress review and updates to the project schedule
- Have an understanding of important terms used in project planning and control.
This course will provide you with a structured approach to planning and then controlling projects as well as the confidence to use project management software effectively.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for:
- New or experienced project team members with no formal training
- Existing or aspiring Project Coordinators
- Specialist Project Planners and Schedulers
To understand the content fully and gain value from participating in this workshop, it is recommended that unless you have some project management experience you should join our Project Management Skills and Knowledge workshop or our Project Coordination Skills and Knowledge workshop before attending this course.
"Great trainer, great content. Can see many people in my team benefitting from this course - will get them on it ASAP!"
"Content aligned perfectly with what I needed - great!"
$835 excl. GST
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org