Next course starts:eLearning course
See all dates below
When projects commence with an optimistic business case which is flawed and poorly written organisations spend money that may not give them the return on investment they desired. Understanding the proven tools and techniques to make a stronger and more robust business case is a critical part of a project's success
This course is offered by Training Bytesize. Training ByteSize is an Accredited Training Organisation of the APM Group.
Note: This course does not include the NZ Treasury adaptations.
Better Business Cases™ is a trade mark of Her Majesty's Treasury. All rights reserved.
The course embraces the Five Case model to enable effective decision making when scoping and planning proposals in a robust and thorough manner. The Better Business Cases™ course considers:
- The strategic case - the investment objectives and strategic fit
- The economic case - optimising for value for money
- The commercial case
- The financial case - affordability
- The management case - deliverability and plans for delivery
From the Better Business Cases™ Foundation online course, you will:
- Have an improved understanding of the Better Business Case process, relevant to both those responsible for producing business cases and those who approve them
- Understand an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic and tactical levels.
Who Should Attend
Better Business Cases™ is ideal for anyone responsible for influencing or making investment decisions. Is is also suited to those responsible for delivery e.g. programme and project managers, senior business analysts and PMO leaders.
There are no prerequisites for this online course. However, an awareness of business case and project management environments is beneficial.
About the Exam
Upon completion of the Foundation course study, you can sit the Better Business Cases™ Foundation exam which leads to an internationally recognised certification. The Foundation certification will prove that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to be able to work effectively to develop a strong business case using the Five Case Model.
The Foundation exam has the following format:
- 50 multiple choice questions
- 50% marks required to pass - 25 correct answers
- 40 minutes in duration
- Closed book
Once you have completed your studies you can test your knowledge on the Better Business Cases™ Foundation mock exam simulator. If you are achieving over 60% on the Better Business Cases™ Foundation mock exam simulator you can put yourself in for the real Better Business Cases™ Foundation exam.
"Great material, and easy to use software. Loved being able to do it from home!"
Price: $800 plus GST
- 12 months access to the Better Business Cases™ Foundation course
- Interactive quizzes and access to the mock exam simulator
- Access to tutor support
- The Better Business Cases™ Foundation exam
The course manual is not required but is useful. You can download free of charge here.
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- $800.00 excl. GST