Better Business Cases™ Foundation & Practitioner
Give your project and change initiatives the best chance of success with our Better Business Cases certification. Our Low Cost Summer Special Training Deals are available for all courses starting before 1 April 2022. Prices from $1995 plus GST. See Prices below.
Next course starts:13 Dec 21
See all dates below
Better Business Case is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process.
The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, The Treasury's best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions.
The model provides a step by step guide to developing a business case, by:
- Establishing a clear need for intervention - a case for change
- Setting clear objectives - what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions - ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal.
Better Business Cases™ is a trade mark of Her Majesty's Treasury. All rights reserved.
Benefit for Individuals
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case process, relevant to both those responsible for producing business cases and those who approve them.
- Understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) levels.
- Core business competency for any manager or director
Benefits for your Organisation
- Reduce unnecessary spend and optimize public value.
- Reduce consultancy costs.
- Faster throughput and a clear, proportionate approval process.
- Improve quality of decision making.
Who Should Attend
Our Better Business Cases certification is aimed at individuals involved with, or overseeing, projects including:
- Project/programme sponsors/directors and others with responsibility for the successful delivery of programmes and projects
- Project managers and team members tasked with developing a business case for investment
- Those involved in the scrutiny and review of investment proposals
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation component. However, you must pass the Foundation to attend the Practitioner component
If you have received your Better Business Cases™ Foundation certification with an alternate training provider, please contact us prior to registering for Better Business Cases™ Practitioner.
About the Exam
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the Five Case Model. The exam will be held at the end of day 2.
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of the theory and application of the Five Case Model to allow you to effectively develop and produce a business case. A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the model to a real project. The exam will be held on Day 5.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, with 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2 ½ hours duration
- Open book exam (International Guide to developing the Project Business Case and International Guide to developing the Programme Business Case only).
Our Low Cost Summer Special Training Deals are available for all courses starting before 1 April 2022. Summer Special Foundation prices are reduced from $1795 to $1595. Summer Special Foundation and Practitioner prices are reduced from $3295 to $2995. See below.
Our BBC Certification courses include the price of the exam and the official manual which is sent in advance with pre course work. Prices are as follows:
- BBC Foundation - $1795 $1595 plus GST
2 day course inc. exam and official guidance
- BBC Foundation and Practitioner - $3295 $2995 plus GST
5 day course inc. exam and official guidance
- BBC Practitioner only - $2295 $1995 excl. GST (contact us for this option)
3 day course inc. exam
For the exact dates of a course, please click on Session Information
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org