PRINCE2™ Training Course
Learn a recognised project management method, from project set up through to execution and completion!
Next course starts:08 Jun 20
See all dates below
PRojects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2) is by far the world’s most widely used project management methodology, used by both the public and private sectors.
For any type of project in any environment, PRINCE2 contains a complete set of concepts and project management processes which are the minimum requirements for a properly run and managed project.
PRINCE2 is a project management method designed to be adaptable and scalable for all types of projects. The method can be tailored to reflect an organisation's existing standards and business size.
Benefits for Individuals
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives - rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
Benefits for Organisations
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle.
- Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
PRINCE2 is a trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
In the PRINCE2 Certification programme, you will learn:
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business case
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailored to suit the project environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing stage boundaries
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
Following the course, participants will be able to organise, plan and control projects quickly and effectively in accordance with the PRINCE2 methodology and will understand what aspects of the methodology can be or should not be tailored.
Who Should Attend
The PRINCE2 Certification progamme is recommended for:
- Entry level project managers wishing to learn a recognised method
- Managers and team members operating in a PRINCE2 environment
- Organisations requiring a standard approach to project management
- Project coordinators, administrators and those in a defined project role
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation course. However, you must pass the Foundation exam to attend the PRINCE2 Practitioner course.
The PRINCE2 course focuses on the seven Principles, seven Themes and seven Processes of the PRINCE2 methodology and prepares you for the PRINCE2 examinations.
The course comprises comprehensive notes, classroom dialogue, group work and self-study to enhance individual learning. The PRINCE2 accredited trainer uses a mix of input and practical sessions, using mock exam papers to familiarise participants with the exam format and to impart relevant skills and knowledge.
The focus of the PRINCE2 Practitioner course is to understand the application of the learning gained during the Practitioner course. This approach prepares participants for the style of the practitioner exam. Passing the Foundation exam is a prerequisite to sit the practitioner exam.
About the Exam
The Foundation exam will be held during the afternoon of day three.
- Multiple choice
- 60 questions
- 33 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) - 55%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination will take place on the second afternoon of the Practitioner course (day 5). The questions in the Practitioner exam test your application of the knowledge you have learned.
The exam consists of:
- Multiple choice questions based around a Scenario
- 68 questions
- 38 marks required to pass (out of 68 possible) - 55%
- 2 hours 30 minutes duration
- Open-book examination (only the PRINCE2 Manual is allowed)
"Fantastic course! Trainer was delightful and prepared us for the exam excellently. Will recommend to the boss to get others on this course!"
"Out of all the courses I have done, Project Plus's quality remains unmatched - and has made getting certified in PRINCE2 a real pleasure"
Our PRINCE2 Certification courses include the price of the exam and the official manual which is sent in advance with pre course work. Prices are as follows:
- PRINCE2 Foundation - $2195 plus GST
3 day course inc. exam & official PRINCE2 Manual
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner - $3295 plus GST
5 day course inc. exam & official PRINCE2 Manual
- PRINCE2 Practitioner only - $1795 excl. GST (contact us for this option)
2 day course inc. exam
For the exact dates of a course, please click on Session Information
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at email@example.com
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner. $3295 excl GST. Five days incl exams and official manual
PRINCE2 Foundation. $2195 excl GST. Three days including exam and official manual
PRINCE2 Practitioner. $2195 excl GST. Two days please contact us to register