PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation & Practitioner
Learn a recognised project management method, from project set up through to execution and completion!
Next course starts:05 Aug 19
See all dates below
PRojects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2)® is by far the world’s most widely used project management methodology, used by both the public and private sectors.
For any type of project in any environment, PRINCE2 contains a complete set of concepts and project management processes which are the minimum requirements for a properly run and managed project.
PRINCE2 is a project management method designed to be adaptable and scalable for all types of projects. The method can be tailored to reflect an organisation's existing standards and business size.
In January 2017 AXELOS announced the upcoming arrival of updated PRINCE2© guidance and new Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which are available for order August. Together, these form the PRINCE2 2017 update and represent the first major revision of PRINCE2 since 2009. AXELOS has therefore taken the decision to refresh PRINCE2 to further enable anyone managing a project to get the best out of PRINCE2 and to achieve success for their organization. We are happy to announce we are offering the PRINCE2 2017 version.
More information can be found by clicking here
Benefits for Individuals
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives - rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
Benefits for Organisations
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle.
- Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
In the PRINCE2 Certification programme, you will learn:
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business case
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailored to suit the project environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing stage boundaries
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
Following the course, participants will be able to organize, plan and control projects quickly and effectively in accordance with the PRINCE2 methodology, from decision making at project initiation and critical points in the lifecycle of the project, while focusing on benefits realized and the desired return on investment.
Who Should Attend
The PRINCE2 Certification progamme is recommended for:
- Entry level project managers wishing to learn a recognised method
- Managers and team members operating in a PRINCE2 environment
- Organisations requiring a standard approach to project management
- Project coordinators, administrators and those in a defined project role
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation component. However, you must pass the Foundation or have attained one of the following certifications to attend the PRINCE2 Practitioner component
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Most International Project Management (IPMA) certifications
If you have received your PRINCE2 Foundation certification with an alternate training provider, please contact us prior to registering for PRINCE2 Practitioner.
The PRINCE2® Foundation course focuses on the 7 Principles, 7 Themes and 7 Processes of the PRINCE2 methodology and prepares you for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
The course comprises comprehensive notes, classroom dialogue, group work and self-study to enhance individual learning. The PRINCE2 accredited trainer uses a mix of input and practical sessions, combining a case study with mock exam papers to familiarise participants with the exam format and to impart relevant skills and knowledge by working through real-life examples and scenarios.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner course has been especially designed to give participants an increased chance of success in the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination and is available to those who have already attained a pass from the PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner course will focus on equipping participants with the knowledge and understanding they require to apply PRINCE2 to their projects. A case study is used throughout the course with a range of interactive workshops for revision, exam preparation and techniques culminating with the Practitioner exam on day 2. The course will be a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a PRINCE2 accredited practitioner and trainer.
About the Exam
In order to receive your PRINCE2 Foundation certification you must first successfully pass the examination. The exam will be held at the end of day three.
- Multiple choice
- 60 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 38 marks required to pass (out of 68 available) - 55%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination will take place on the second day of the Practitioner course. The questions in the Practitioner exam test your application of the knowledge you have learned.
The exam consists of:
- Objective testing
- 9 questions per paper, 12 marks available per question
- 59 marks required to pass (out of 108 possible) - 55%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open-book examination (only the PRINCE2 Manual is allowed)
"Fantastic course! Trainer was delightful and prepared us for the exam excellently. Will recommend to the boss to get others on this course!"
"Out of all the courses I have done, Project Plus's quality remains unmatched - and has made getting certified in PRINCE2 a real pleasure"
Our PRINCE2® Certification programme is priced as follows:
- PRINCE2 Foundation - $2195 excl. GST
3 day course inc. exam & official PRINCE2 Manual
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner - $3295 excl. GST
5 day course inc. exam & official PRINCE2 Manual
- PRINCE2 Practitioner only - $1795 excl. GST (contact us for this option)
2 day course inc. exam
For the exact dates of a course, please click on Session Information
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org