Management of Portfolios™ Foundation & Practitioner
Optimise and manage the delivery of your corporate project and programme portfolio.
Next course starts:10 May 21
See all dates below
Leaders need to understand which initiatives will deliver the required organisation objectives and how proposed investments will deliver ROI and contribute towards strategic goals and objectives.
The MoP certification course provides the framework in which organisations manage projects and programmes. Portfolio management is about investing in the right change initiatives and projects as well as monitoring their progress and implementation.
MoP is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Management of Portfolios Foundation & Practitioner certification covers:
- Running the business vs Changing the business
- MoP structure, principles, practises and benefits
- Strategic and organisational context
- Portfolio definition cycle
- Roles and responsibilities
- Implementing and sustaining portfolio management approaches
- The portfolio management framework
- Energised change culture
Completing the Management of Portfolios course you will be able:
- To prioritise programmes and projects in terms of their contribution to the organisation's strategic objectives and overall level of risk.
- To oversee the management of programmes and projects consistently to ensure efficient and effective delivery
- To maximise benefits realised to provide the greatest return (in terms of strategic contribution and efficiency savings) from the investment made.
Who Should Attend
The MoP Foundation and Practitioner certification is ideal for:
- Programme directors
- Programme managers
- Business change managers
- Senior managers from any discipline involved in major business change and allocating budgets
Pre-course reading is recommended.
The MoP Foundation course uses a mix of notes, classroom dialogue, group work and self-study to enhance your learning. It is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by our MoP accredited trainer.
Sample exam papers will familiarise you with the exam format.
You will be provided with your personal copy of the official MoP manual (Management of Portfolios) before the start of the workshop for pre-course self study.
The MoP Practitioner certification validates your ability to understand, apply and tailor MoP to various scenarios. The Practitioner part of the course will focus on equipping you with the understanding to apply your Portfolio management knowledge.
About the Exam
The MoP Foundation exam is:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass - 50%
- 40 minutes in duration
- Closed book
The Foundation exam must be passed before you can progress to the Practitioner certification.
The MoP Practitioner exam is:
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question - all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 3 hours duration
- Open book exam (official MoP manual only).
"Excellent, one of the best training sessions [I have] attended"
"Hugely applicable course to my current role - and the Practitioner certification will be valuable to my career in the long-run!"
The prices for our Management of Portfolios Certification courses are::
- MoP Foundation - $2,395.00 excluding GST
3 day course including exam and the official MoP Manual
- MoP Foundation and Practitioner - $3,295.00 excluding GST
5 day course including exams and the official MoP Manual
- MoP Practitioner only - $1795 excluding GST
2 day course including exam
For the exact dates of a course, please click on Session Information
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at email@example.com