Management of Portfolios® Foundation & Practitioner
Optimise the delivery of your corporate change portfolio as a whole.
Next course starts:18 Nov 19
See all dates below
Organisational leaders are much more cautious with their investments these days. More questions are being asked of change initiatives (projects and programmes) and in particular, how do proposed investments deliver ROI and contribute towards strategic goals and objectives. The time has come for Management of Portfolios (MoP)®.
MoP helps organisations answer a fundamental question ‘Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?’. Investment is the keyword because portfolio management is about investing in the right change initiatives (moving forward) rather than just implementing them correctly (staying static).
The Management of Portfolios Foundation & Practitioner certification covers:
- Running the business vs Changing the business
- MoP structure, principles, practises and benefits
- Strategic and organisational context
- Portfolio definition cycle
- Roles and responsibilities
- Implementing and sustaining portfolio management approaches
- The portfolio management framework
- Energised change culture
From the Management of Portfolios Foundation & Practitioner, you will be able:
- To prioritise programmes and projects in terms of their contribution to the organisations strategic objectives and overall level of risk.
- To manage programmes and projects consistently to ensure efficient and effective delivery
- To maximise benefits realisation to provide the greatest return (in terms of strategic contribution and efficiency savings) from the investment made.
Who Should Attend
The MoP Foundation & Practitioner certification is ideal for:
- Programme directors
- Programme managers
- Business change managers
- Senior managers from any discipline involved in a major business change
Pre-course reading is recommended. However, if participants have a clear idea of the expected outcomes from implementing portfolio management, they are likely to gain more value from the discussions and case studies and be better placed to apply portfolio management pragmatically within their organisations.
The MoP Foundation course uses a mix of comprehensive notes, classroom dialogue, group work and self-study to enhance individual learning. It will be a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a MoP accredited trainer.
The use of a case study with mock Foundation exam papers to familiarise participants with the exam format will be used as the course is designed to impart relevant skills and knowledge by working through real-life examples and scenarios.
Participants will be provided with their personal copy of the official MoP manual (Management of Portfolios) approximately three weeks before the start of the workshop along with a programme of pre-course self study (approximately 12-15 hours). Using the manual, participants will be sent a study framework to assist them with this activity.
The MoP Practitioner certification validates a candidate’s ability to understand, apply and tailor MoP to various scenarios and qualifies candidates as Registered Practitioners. The MoP Practitioner workshop has been especially designed to give participants an increased chance of success in the MoP® Practitioner examination and is available to those who have already attained their MoP Foundation certification. The MoP Practitioner part of the course will focus on equipping participants with the knowledge and understanding they require to apply MoP. A case study is used throughout the course with a range of interactive workshops for revision, exam preparation and techniques culminating with the Practitioner Exam.
About the Exam
The MoP Foundation exam is:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass - 50%
- 40 minutes in duration
- Closed book
The Foundation exam must be passed if you wish to progress to the Practitioner certification.
The MoP Practitioner exam is:
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question - all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 3 hours duration
- Open book exam (official MoP™ manual only).
"Excellent, one of the best training sessions [I have] attended"
"Hugely applicable course to my current role - and the Practitioner certification will be valuable to my career in the long-run!"
Our Management of Portfolios® Certification programme is priced as follows:
- MoP Foundation - $2,395.00 +gst
3 day course inc. exam & official MoP Manual
- MoP Foundation and Practitioner - $3,395.00 +gst
5 day course inc. exam & official MoP Manual
- MoP Practitioner only - $1895 +gst
2 day course inc. exam
For the exact dates of a course, please click on Session Information
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org