Managing Successful Programmes, MSP™ Foundation & Practitioner
Study a proven framework to successfully deliver transformational change!
Next course starts:Register interest
See all dates below
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is a proven framework which will allow you to successfully deliver change through the application of programme management. As programme management is increasingly recognised as key to enable organisations to manage change MSP is being used and adopted more and more within both public and private sectors.
MSP is a trade mark of AXELOS limited. All rights reserved.
Our Managing Successful Programmes Certification programme covers the core conceps of the MSP framework:
- MSP Principles - Common factors that will strengthen the success of any change management programme
- MSP Governance Themes - The defined approach to programme management an organisation is going to undertake from leadership and delivery team placement to organisational structures and information control.
- MSP Transformational Flow: - The pathway used to deliver and achieve the transformational change. This is a series of steps, structure and documents from the initial vision through to the delivery of the programme, corroboration of the outcomes and benefit realisation to the close of the programme
From this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between programmes and projects
- Apply programme management theory throughout a programme
- Monitor a programme effectively from start to closure
- Apply the MSP Governance themes and Transformation Flow to programmes
Who Should Attend
- Suited to any organisation or individual seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing programmes
- Programme directors
- Programme managers
- Programme support staff
- Business change managers
- Senior managers from any discipline involved in major business change
There are no prerequisites for the Managing Successful Programmes Foundation course. However, you must have the Foundation certification to attend the Practitioner component. Experience in project environments would be beneficial but not essential.
The MSP Foundation course focuses on the 3 core concepts of MSP; Principles, Governance Themes and Transformation flow; and will help to prepare you for the MSP Foundation examination.
The MSP Foundation course uses a mix of comprehensive notes, classroom dialogue, group work and self-study to enhance individual learning. It will be a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an MSP accredited practitioner and trainer. The use of a case study with mock Foundation exam papers to familiarise participants with the exam format will be used as the course is designed to impart relevant skills and knowledge by working through real-life examples and scenarios.
The MSP Practitioner part of the course will focus on equipping participants with the knowledge and understanding they require to apply MSP. A case study is used throughout the course with a range of interactive workshops for revision, exam preparation and techniques culminating with the Practitioner Exam on day two. The course will be a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a MSP® accredited practitioner and trainer.
There will be a programme of pre-workshop self study (approximately 12-15 hours) using the manual and participants will be sent a study framework to assist them with this activity.
If it has been more than 6 months since you passed the Foundation please contact us regarding preparation for the exam. Please note that the official MSP Manual is not included in this workshop as you should already have this from the Foundation workshop. You can purchase additional manuals from us, please contact us for further information.
About the Exam
To achieve the MSP Foundation certification you must first successfully pass the examination. The exam will be held at the end of day three.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions as practise - not included in overall score
- 60 minutes in duration
- Closed book
The Practitioner exam adheres to the following format:
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours in duration
- Open book examination (only the MSP manual is permitted)
"Great fundamental course to establish knowledge of programmes - the trainer's ability to understand students and teach MSP principles made me more confident going into the exam"
"I wish I had done this sooner - the Foundation certification would have benefitted my career earlier!"
Our Managing Successful Programmes Certification programme is priced as follows:
- MSP Foundation - $2195 excl. GST
3 day course inc. exam & official MSP Manual
- MSP Foundation and Practitioner - $3295 excl. GST
5 day course inc. exam & official MSP Manual
- MSP Practitioner only - $1795 excl. GST (contact us for this option)
2 day course inc. exam
For the exact dates of a course, please click on Session Information
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org