Better Business Cases™ Foundation Live Online
Understanding the Better Business Cases process gives your initiatives the best chance of delivering the most value.
Next course starts:Register interest
See all dates below
Better Business Cases is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process.
The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, The Treasury’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions.
The model provides a step by step guide to developing a business case, by:
- Establishing a clear need for intervention- a case for change
- Setting clear objectives- what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions - ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal.
Better Business Cases™ is a trade mark of Her Majesty's Treasury. All rights reserved.
Benefit for Individuals
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case process, appropriate for those responsible for producing business cases and for those who review and approve them.
- Understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) levels.
- Core business competency for any manager or director
Benefits for your Organisation
- Reduce unnecessary spend and optimise public value.
- Reduce consultancy costs.
- Faster throughput and a clear, proportionate approval process.
- Improve quality of decision making.
Who Should Attend
Our Better Business Cases certification is aimed at individuals involved with, or overseeing, projects including:
- Project/programme sponsors/directors and those with responsibility for the successful delivery of programmes and projects
- Project managers and team members tasked with developing a business case for investment
- Those involved in the scrutiny and review of investment proposals.
There are no prerequisites to join this course
About the Exam
The Foundation certification confirms that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the Five Case Model. The exam will be held at the end of the second day.
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The price for our Better Business Cases Foundation course is $1,795.00 excluding GST.
The two day course includes the exam and a copy of the official guidance.
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at email@example.com