Project Management Skills & Knowledge Live Online
Our two day, interactive training course equips you with a set of tools immediately applicable in the workplace, taking you through each stage of the life cycle of a project.
Next course starts:Register interest
See all dates below
Our two day course will equip you with an understanding of project management that is immediately applicable in the workplace, taking you through each stage of the life cycle of a project. It is suitable for project team members with some experience, if you are new to project management or if you are only involved in projects occasionally.
“A project is a temporary endeavour undertaken to create a unique product, service or result.” (Source: PMI PMBOK Guide)
“A project is a temporary organisation that is created for the purpose of delivering one or more business products according to an agreed Business Case.” (Source: PRINCE2 2009 Edition)
A project structure enables organisations to introduce change and design, develop and deliver something new and unique.
The best project managers –and teams - are those who deliver the benefits expected benefits from their project.. Effective project teams perform consistently, blending a shared understanding of agreed methodologies and techniques with strong supportive leadership and positive people skills.
The modules on the training course cover all that you need to know:
- Module 1: Project Management Context
- Module 2: Roles and Responsibilities +
- Module 3: Project Initiation
- Module 4: Project Scope
- Module 5: Scheduling
- Module 6: Estimating Cost and Effort
- Module 7: Risk
- Module 8: Project Team
- Module 9: Stakeholder and Communication
- Module 10: Execution
- Module 11: Project closeout
By the end of the course you will have gained an understanding of key project success factors and typical pitfalls; techniques for managing critical stakeholder relationships; and have tools and tips for managing key stages of the project lifecycle.
In this course you will learn:
- How to develop a project charter
- Hold a project kick-off meeting to bring the team together
- Develop a scope description, scope boundaries and identify deliverables
- Break down the project into subprojects and define the subproject deliverables
- Assess the risk of the deliverables and develop approaches to mitigate risks
From this course, you will understand and be able to apply fundamental project management techniques to your project and gain skills in directing the resources required to run a smooth project. Equally it will give you the understanding and confidence to join and support a project team
Who Should Attend
This Project Management course is ideal for:
- those seeking to start a career in project management
- project coordinators or managers with little experience or no formal project management training
- Managers and/or project team members wanting a background in project management
- Anyone who wants to learn more about participative team-based methods for managing a project
There are no prerequisites to join this course, only a desire to learn. An awareness of the project management environment is beneficial.
Feedback from our classroom courses-
"I found it more useful than PRINCE2 - this course is much more practical and applicable in most workplaces."
“Excellent course! Excellent presenter! Wouldn’t change a thing. Well done Project Plus!”
“What I learnt will be extremely valuable to my organisation. This will detail perfectly with other software applications too.”
“Good and valuable course and real world experience, recommend it to people wanting a good, practical knowledge of project management. “
$1550 plus GST. This includes a copy of the course material.
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org