Better Business Cases™ Foundation
Give your project and change initiatives the best chance of success with our Better Business Cases Foundation certification.
Next course starts:Register interest
See all dates below
Better Business Cases™ is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process.
The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions.
The model provides a step by step guide to developing a business case, by:
- Establishing a clear need for intervention - a case for change
- Setting clear objectives - what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions - ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal.
This course has been tailored to account for the slight differences in terminology and language used in NZ.
Better Business Cases is a trade mark of Her Majesty's Treasury. All rights reserved.
Benefit for Individuals
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case process, relevant to both those responsible for producing business cases and those who approve them.
- Understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) levels.
- Core business competency for any manager or director
Benefits for your Organisation
- Reduce unnecessary spend and optimize public value.
- Reduce consultancy costs.
- Faster throughput and a clear, proportionate approval process.
- Improve quality of decision making.
Who Should Attend
Our Better Business Cases certification is aimed at individuals involved with, or overseeing, projects including:
- Project/programme sponsors/directors and other directors with responsibility for the successful delivery of programmes and projects
- Project managers and team members tasked with developing a business case for investment
- Officers and managers involved in the scrutiny and review of investment proposals.
There are no prerequisites to join this training course.
About the Exam
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the Five Case Model. The exam will be held at the end of day 2.
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The price of our Better Business Cases™ Certification is:
- Better Business Cases™ Foundation - $1,795.00 plus GST
2 day course inc. exam & official Better Business Cases™ Manual
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at email@example.com