Project Management for Sustainable Development
PM4SD (Project Management for Sustainable Development) has been designed as a methodology to be used by local, regional and national governments, companies and stakeholders operating in the tourism and cultural sector
Next course starts:Register interest
See all dates below
The contribution of tourism to economic activity worldwide is estimated at some 5%, while it is estimated it generates 10% of European Union (EU) GDP. It is therefore critical that projects and initiatives undertaken in this vital sector are managed effectively and are sympathetic to conditions specific to the sector
Based on the world-renowned PRINCE2® project management methodology, and tailored specifically to the tourism and cultural sectors, PM4SD addresses the need for a project management approach specific to the tourism sector that supports global objectives for sustainable tourism. Sustainability is a key underpinning to the PM4SD guidance, aiming to ensure the protection and safeguarding of European territories, their environments and related economic development impact when undertaking projects in the sector.
- The characteristics and context of a project and the advantages of adopting PM4SD.
- The purpose of the PM4SD roles, management products and components.
- The PM4SD principles.
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PM4SD processes.
- The relationships between the roles, management products, principles, components, techniques and processes.
- How to apply the principles, components and processes to a project.
- How to create and assess management products.
You will certify your ability to:
- Understand and learn how to design and implement tourism projects in line with sustainable tourism policies and practices.
- Utilize a range of tools and techniques to be used for managing projects and workloads with sustainability.
- Increase international opportunities.
- Manage your team effectively.
- Apply knowledge related to sustainable tourism.
- Use sustainable tourism indicators and criteria internationally recognized by organizations which are committed to sustainable tourism.
- Use specialist skills such as planning and implementation by adding best practices.
- To design innovative tourism projects.
Who Should Attend
PM4SD is tailored to suit the needs of everyone involved and interested in the management of projects that develop sustainable tourism. This includes:-
Professionals involved in the day-to-day management of tourism initiatives (projects, programmes, strategies) for sustainable development: project/programme managers and executives, project officers and stakeholders, and tourist operators.
Professionals involved in decision making at a local, regional, national or international level in the fields of sustainable development policy, tourism and cultural heritage management.
There are no prerequisites for this course
About the Exam
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper, with 10 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2 ½ hour duration
- Open book exam (PM4SD manual only)
$3295 + GST
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at email@example.com