Certificate in Project Administration
Do you want to move into project support, but don’t have the skills or background?
Next course starts:Register interest
See all dates below
This certificate is comprised of 4 days of comprehensive skills and knowledge training and an online assessment. By completing the Certificate in Project Administration programme, you will gain the skills necessary to be an effective and efficient Project Administrator for any project, in any environment.
To obtain this certificate, you need to attend all of the following workshops. Starting with Project Management Skills and Knowledge, the other two workshops can be completed in any order by selecting training dates from the public schedule and attending the workshops within 12 months of enrolling.
The Certificate in Project Administration workshops include:
- Project Management Skills and Knowledge (2 days)
- Project Team Leadership (previously called People Skills in Project Management) (1 day)
- Managing Multiple Priorities (1 day)
The Certificate in Project Administration is currently only offered in Wellington.
The Certificate in Project Administration covers many aspects of project administration:
- Key principles to effective project management
- Communicating with individuals and organisations involved in projects
- Time and priority management
In the Certificate in Project Administration, you will learn:
- An overview of the project management process
- Practical project management skills and tools for navigating, planning and executing projects.
- How to compile a project plan and understand how to engage the sponsor to get it approved
- How to identify deliverables and break down the project into subprojects and define the subproject deliverables
- Planning and scheduling techniques including producing a detailed schedule and determining critical path
- The importance of closing a project and writing a close-out report.
- Interpersonal techniques & communication tools and the importance of influencing and emotional intelligence
- The importance of developing a strong and diverse project team and assessing the team composition
- How to create effective communications plans and run effective meetings
- How to resolve project team conflict and the collaborative decision making and supporting tools to achieve this
- Understanding of individual time management styles
- Working on what you can control
Who Should Attend
The Certificate in Project Administration is ideal for:
- Project Administrators
- Personal Assistants
- Executive Assistants
- Administration Officers
- Anyone wanting to work in a project/programme environment
There are no prerequisites for the Certificate in Project Administration. However, an awareness of the project management environment would be beneficial.
About the Exam
Once the programme of workshops is completed, you will need to sit an online, open-book assessment. The assessment tests the knowledge, tools and concepts learned throughout the programme. To pass the assessment 80% or higher is required.
You must complete the online assessment within one month of completing your last workshop.
To enrol in the programme, click on the registration link below and submit your registration form. One of our training consultants will contact you to arrange which sessions in the programme you would like to attend.
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org