Certificate in Project Coordination
Gain the knowledge and skills to build your career in Project Coordination
Next course starts:
See all dates below
Our Certificate in Project Coordination is a major step in your career developing the skills, techniques and confidence to work effectively in a project or programme environment.
To achieve this certificate, you need to attend all of the following courses, for a total of 7.5 contact days. Starting with Project Coordination Skills, you may complete the other five courses in any order. Please select dates that suit you, either in a block or spread out over a few months but please ensure that you will complete the workshops and test within 12 months of enrolling.
The courses are:
- Project Management Skills and Knowledge (2 days)
- People Skills in Project Mahagement (1 day)
- Microsoft Project (1.5 days)
- Project Planning and Control (1 day)
- Project Coordination Skills (1 day)
- Managing Multiple Priorities (1 day)
You will complete an online multiple choice assessment after you attend all of the courses. It is open book assessment. It will test your knowledge of what you have learned. To pass the assessment 80% or higher is required.
The Certificate in Project Coordination covers a broad range of topics:
- Project Management skills
- Engaging and communicating with individuals and organisations in a project context
- Time and priority management
- Planning and controlling projects effectively
- Coordination skills and techniques
- Using project management scheduling software
During this certificate of study, you will learn:
- An overview of the project management process
- Practical project management skills and tools for navigating, planning and executing projects
- How to compile a project plan and engage the sponsor for approval
- How to identify deliverables, define the subproject deliverables and break down the project into subprojects
- Planning and scheduling techniques including producing a detailed schedule and determining critical path
- Time management tools and techniques
- Interpersonal techniques and communication tools
- The importance of influencing and emotional intelligence
- The importance of developing a strong and diverse project team
- How to create effective communications plans and run effective meetings
- How to resolve project team conflict and the collaborative decision making and supporting tools to achieve this
- The functionality of Microsoft Project software in order to develop, manage and report project schedules.
- Details the roles and responsibilities of the Project Coordinator
- The role of the Project Coordinator as scheduler and cost controller
- The importance of tracking risk and quality through maintaining registers
- Reviews registers, report and minute-taking formats.
- The importance of closing a project and writing a close-out report.
Who Should Attend
The Certificate in Project Coordination is ideal from those who are new to project management and for those with some experience looking to upskill themselves.
There are no prerequisites to join the Certificate in Project Coordination. However, a prior awareness of the project management environment is beneficial.
The Certificate programme must be completed within 12 months of enrolling.
NB: If you have attended any of the courses that comprise the Certificate in Project Administration within the last 12 months immediately prior this will be cross-credited to your Certificate in Project Coordination.
About the Exam
The assessment tests the knowledge, tools and concepts learned throughout the courses. To pass the assessment 80% or higher is required.
- Multiple choice
- Open book
- 80 questions
- 64 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 80%
You must pass this assessment within one month of attending your last workshop.
"Amazing programme and so glad I was recommended it by a friend - the content covered was just what I needed to thrive in my new role and I am amazed it is a recognised qualification!"
"Can't recommend this programme enough to anyone wanting to enter a project coordination role or learn new skills to apply in their current role!"
$5160 excl GST
To enrol in the programme, click on the registration link below and submit your registration form. We will contact you to arrange which dates suit you and register you on these courses. We can then invoice your organisation.
Upcoming dates in Wellington are:
|Course Name||Start Date|
|Project Coordination Skills||31 May|
|Project Management Skills & Knowledge (Two days)||1-2 June|
|Managing Multiple Priorities||4 June|
|People Skills in Project Management||8 June|
Project Planning & Control
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on
04 495 9100 or email us at email@example.com