This course provides an extensive introduction to the core agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and skill competences that have been defined by DASA.
Next course starts:27 Oct 17
See all dates below
The DevOps Fundamentals qualification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the Service Delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management
- Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
You will receive the required certification from DASA on successful completion of the DASA DevOps Fundamentals exam.
After completing this course, you will cover the area marked as DevOps Fundamentals in the following figure of the DASA qualification scheme. As a result, you will reach the “Competent” level of the scheme.
About the Exam
The characteristics of the DASA DevOps Fundamentals exam are:
Participants may bring scratch paper
Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
Passing Score: 65%
Exam Duration: 60 minutes (15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers)
Our DevOps Certification programme is priced as follows:
- DevOps Fundamentals - $2195 excl. GST
3 day course inc. exam & official DevOps Manual
Up to 21 PDUs available (conditions apply)
Register Now For This Course
If you have any questions about the course, dates or wish to run this course in-house please contact us on 04 495 9100 (Wellington), 09 282 8372 (Auckland) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org